Thursday, January 10, 2008

Weekly Wrap

1) Big weekend in our house! Adam has filled 2 (and 1/4) potty charts; we are taking him to see the new Veggie Tales movie tomorrow as his reward. He's very excited to see the "really big TV"! haha.

2) Being stuck in the house, due to potty training, sucks. He forgets to tell me he has to potty if we are out and about, so homebound we are.

3) We found out this week that Andy is going out of town for 4 days (Jan 21-24). I am freaking out a little. shh...don't tell him. We knew he'd have to travel, once he graduated, but I was hoping they would overlook him. If I am loopy that week, you will know why! Who wants to keep me company???? :)

4) We also found out that we can dedicate Matthew, at church, January 27th! I am hoping we can get a little party together, before then, like we did for Adam. I've decided much less people, this time. Adam's party was huge. I'm too tired for huge, this time. Is that terrible?

5) I've been trying to learn how to work my camera better. I think my photos are getting better. Trying to learn how to focus and how to get the best angles. It's fun!

6) Classes start in three weeks. BLAH!

7) I am currently very addicted to CSI (original...not the city ones). I could watch this show ALL day and still not have enough of it. It's so interesting.

8) Sore throat and sinus drainage = crappy feeling mommy.

9) New layout. Good or bad? I think I want to add the name of my blog somewhere. I was just glad to figure out the html to edit the template.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

11 comments:

Blueberry said...

i don't have the problem with potty-ing in public. bean sometimes tells me BUT since i have to potty 20 ba-jillion times a day, she just goes when i do! ;) you CAN go out IF you remember to ask him if he needs to go at regular intervals. really, you can! :)
if you want to do something while andy is gone just let me know. i HATE it when i'm alone from dawn 'till dusk too.
and yes nice layout. you need to teach me how to do stuff to my blog- i'm computer challenged!!
ok- too long of a comment! i'll shut my mouth now! ha ha!

mystereiss said...

i just thought i'd offer my support for the "daddy's gone" situation. my dave is a youth pastor and he goes on retreats about 5-6 times a year, plus 2 different week long trips in the summer. i don't go. i stay home with the kids, they're so young and it's easier on everyone to stay home.

i have already started bugging my friends here in town to put on their calendars that i need them to give me chunks of time during dave's away days. having company even for just a little bit really gives me something to look forward to and takes me out of my "i'm the only adult here!!" funkiness. i encourage you to do the same. it's not fun or easy but you will make it!

mystereiss said...

ps that was dawn who wrote that comment inadvertently logged in as said hubby!!

kim said...

I'm right there with you. Brian will be out of town the 22-25! SUCKS! but we'll get through it.
Thanks for the heads up with the new Veggie movie. I knew it was coming cuz I'd seen the previews, but didn't know when. Lauren loves Veggietales, always has and she LOVES the movie theater... something about popcorn and icees.

Kat said...

Oooo. I love the new color and layout. The print is hard for me to read though. Maybe I just need to get my eyes checked. ha!
Sounds like a busy week. Enjoy the weekend and try to relax and feel better!

Don Mills Diva said...

Have a great weekend - BTW - I like the new layout!

Blended in Texas said...

I like the new layout! I've been wanting to change mine too- personalize it a little bit more. Maybe someday when I have some 'free' time. I hate it when my hubby leaves for any length of time too! Not fun...I'm usually pretty crabby by the end of our time apart.

Kellan said...

I love the new layout - very nice!! Good job on Adam's part - Woo Hoo!! Have a good weekend, Brittany - see you soon. Kellan

Arizaphale said...

The new layout is great. I like the bigger header. Cool treatment on the photo too Miss Smarty with the camera :-D
Sorry you've got a sore throat. Hope it's getting better.
Let's not think about class yet. :-(
Sorry to gloat but I had a lovely time when Himself was away for a week! But then I don't have 2 small children and he also took the biggest one with him so that was another job off my plate. Phew! Hope you get some company. Wish I could call round!!

Christina said...

I always love your weekly wraps! And the new layout totally rocks, I LOVE it! My husband used to have to travel work work pretty often, so I know how hard that is...wish I could pop by and keep you company!
That's great Adam's doing so well with pottytraining! We're not there yet.
And I think the small intiamte party for Matthew sounds great...the big ones can be overwhelming for the guest of honor anyway.
I have been noticing your pictures getting better and better! Yay! It's so fun to play.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Im loving the new layout, i can only imagine how horrible it feels to know he is going out of town. JUst found out the DH will have to do work at other hospitals if he gets the job he wants and we have no idea if its for a week or months.

Oh and YAH ADAM