Sunday, September 30, 2007
My sweet boy trying to figure out his fireman hat, at the arts festival:
Another, of Adam, while at the orchard:
Lastly, Bean and Adam together (I'm telling you, they were made for each other ;>):
You know what to do! Head over to Picture This to see more great shots!
Here's the link: www.ethanpowell.com
There's an older pastor at our church who always says "Prayer changes things," and I believe in this situation prayer certainly does change things.
Friday, September 28, 2007
1) 5 hours of speech class isn't as inviting as I had hoped- well, at least I am "Brittany" and not "Mommy" for a little while.
2) Little Adam with a cold= Mommy with a cold
3) Little Adam and Little Matthew up at 6:30 AM = Adam watching an episode of "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" EVERYDAY! Cute show, catchy song, but quite annoying after five days.
5) Little baby smiles are still just as special the second time around and laughs! Matthew laughed for the first time about 10 minutes ago!! :)
6) I am missing "\" (this) key off of my laptop... hmm... wonder how that happened ADAM!?
7) Light, Cafe Mocha, no Whip= heaven in a cup
8) When the batteries in the swing die... all heck breaks lose!
9) My oldest sister turns 30 next week... Doesn't seem possible that we are adults.... oh, and have I announced that she is making me an AUNT again?!?! :) My little niece or nephew is due March 10th- I am hoping for 2 days early, though, because March 8th is a VERY good day to have a birthday ;).
10) Farmer's Market here I come.... and Apple picking with Bean and her parents tomorrow! :) I am sure there will be a TON of photos! :)
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
I pray the lord my soul to keep
Let the angels watch over me through the night
and keep me in their blessed sight. Amen.
I just love sleeping baby pictures. I snapped this one during nap the other day. :) Funny how it looks like other sleeping pictures I've posted. Oh well. haha.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Hey, all! I have so much going on right now, I don't even know what to blog about! haha. This past weekend was such a blast. Amy was home, as I wrote about before and we did all kind of wedding related things. Friday we shopped around the mall and just visited, Saturday we dress shopped (for her dress and for the bridesmaid dresses- and I think we found both! maybe?), and Sunday was her (and Tom's) engagement party (which I made two very yummy dishes for). Such a whirlwind, but so much fun too! :)
I started my classes yesterday, and sat through 5 hours of a speech class. Now mind you, I love speech and I could talk in front of people all day- BUT 5 hours?! ahh! Thank the Lord, I only have six weeks of this class! The speeches themselves should be a breeze, but there's a lot of busy work to accompany the speeches. I am also taking Management Theory and Practices, aka how to be a good manager. This is a 400 level class (supposed to be more in depth) but really these are 101 concepts. So, another easy I hope, just a whole lot of work involved because it's a higher level class. yay!
Hmmm...what else? Oh yes, the never ending planning of the graduation party, Adam's Birthday plans, and the Holidays; all things I am dreading to occur. BIG sigh. lol Whomever said being a SAHM (stay at home mom) was easy, should be kicked in the shins.
P.S.- Sue, I lied that dish is mine (I forgot I brought the quiche in a cake pan..oops)...along with the towels and pot holders. haha. I'll get them from you somehow; I know where you live!! :)
PPS- A conversation with my lovely son:
Me: Can I have a kiss?
Me: Why not?
Adam: I have a booger (sticks his finger up his nose and runs away)
Monday, September 24, 2007
This is Matthew with all of his admirers- these girls were everywhere Matthew was. It was quite cute. :)
Ok...so I have two BSMs... This is of Amy and "the boys". The little boy on the left is the little boy of a friend from H.S. and of course you all know who Matthew and Adam are. I love how the boys are trying to grab Matthew, it's so cute!
To see more Best shots, head over to Picture This. :)
Saturday, September 22, 2007
2) feel like my feet are going to fall off
3) must make food for brunch tomorrow
4) More homework
5) ADAM PEE PEE'd on THE POTTY!!! WOOOOOO :) Hey, at least it's a start.
6) I lied. I went to a farmer's market. And, I saw my aunt and cousin...who promptly asked why i was at the market, when i said I wasn't going. lol :) So, I felt adventurous and wanted to go. I am glad I did, too!
Friday, September 21, 2007
2) I also bought this eyeshadow that is supposed to enhance your eye color- so I bought the one for green eyes- I'm not seeing the difference.
3) Went to a kick butt concert with my sisters on Sunday... I felt 16 again. woo! haha.
4) Started the breast feeding weening process, this week. I know, I know.... he's only 2 months old. This was actually a suggestion from the pediatrician's office, because of various issues. I'm very sad because I love doing it and I love the time with Matthew alone. Wish me luck.
5) Started classes. :( The workload is HUGE and I feel like I'm too old. haha. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. Having 3 months off kind of threw off my groove.
6) Adam received some very nice gifts from a friend of ours. Take a look at the video below, to see his new easel!
7) Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.... (seemed fitting here)
8) Amy is home! yay! The weekend is going to be packed full of funness (not a word, but that's ok!)
9) No farmer's market tomorrow ;(
10) Happy weekend, all!
This kind of silliness gets me through the day.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
So, I am very strict about letting Adam watch TV. He gets an hour a day (or two shows); usually one in the morning, while I make breakfast and one right after daddy gets home, while I make dinner. Well, this morning he woke up and this is what we talked about:
A: "Tv, please?"
B: "What do you want to watch?"
A: "Tv shows, mom" BIG SIGH....
Well, duh, I guess I should know that he wants to watch TV shows. He even had to add the "mom" in there; not mama or mommy, but mom.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
I have to say that I have a terrible mommy/woman purse. I don't carry tissues and I don't have anything woman related, besides a compact. I don't even have lip gloss! haha. But, I do have a pen, two sets of keys (one for the cars and one for all of those annoying club cards), minty type things, hand sanitizer, my phone, my ipod, sunglasses, a wallet, the kids' identikid info, and a sticker from the concert my sisters and I went to the other night.... oh, and most importantly, the dog's paw at the top of the picture (hahaha!).
So what's in your wallet? ;) (isn't that a commercial slogan?)
If you decide to partake in this, let me know!
Yesterday, daddy took a half day at work and we took the boys to the Delaware County Fair. Now, the county in which we live could easily be classified as a typical "cowtown." One day of the fair is known as "Jug Day," and it is like a mini version of the Kentucky Derby. The WHOLE town shuts down, on Jug Day. Everything closes by noon and the kids are out of school; it's amazing.
ANYYYYWAY......the fair. Adam LOVED LOVED LOVED the fair! He was so excited to see the animals, the fire trucks, and the french fries (yes, those were the three things he talked about this morning when he woke up). And he asked for daddy's drink, with ice (Daddy got a VERY large cup of sweet tea). Isn't it funny the things kids recall sometimes?
The picture below is of Adam with one of the historic tractors of Delaware. It was actually very impressive to see all of the tractors and the difference in the makes and models. I also think Adam looks ridiculously OLD in this photo. :( I am so proud of the little boy he's turning into!
Matthew's take on the fair, you ask? Well, he slept the whole three hours we were there! haha. He liked the ride in the stroller, apparently. :)
Monday, September 17, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
1) While at Applebees do not lift child over table, for soda will go everywhere.
2) Having Daddy meet us at the store, after work, is a wonderful idea for swifty grocery shopping!
3) Cooler weather = fall is coming!
4) Adam spoiled me when he never cried or reacted to his shots, as an infant. Matthew's head turns as red as a red delicious apple, and he looks as though he's going to explode, when receiving shots. :(
5) My classes have opened and I get to start on my homework. I have so much due by the 24th-27th of this month, I'm not sure when I'll have time to do it all! SIGH.
6) Entering contests online is SO much fun. (i.e. check out Adam's new shirt above!! :) )
7) Yay for playgroup starting back up this week! It was so nice to see all of the mommies and to meet the new mommies! :)
8) I know 6... yes, SIX women who are pregnant and due between Feb and April.... AH!
9) Graduating husband = a lot of $$ being spent. (i.e.- graduation present $1,700, invites for party $10.00, Money set aside to spend on party food and decorations $100.00-$200.00...... Debt accumulated- you don't even want to know!)
10) Farmer's Market update- MUST go tomorrow... have no vegetables..... :(
11) AMY comes home this coming week!!!!! :) We're going to try on Bridesmaid dresses and I get to cook some goodies for her engagement party! yay! :)
And as promised, here's a picture of Matthews big ol' outtie! :) I think it's kind of cute.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
That's right, my little man is 2 months old. Time really does fly (when there's a lack of sleep). So, his 2 month appointment was yesterday. (oh, and I went alone with the two boys and I made it out ALIVE! woo!) Anyway, here are his stats: 11 lbs 6 oz (50 %tile- so average), 22 inches long (20 %tile- so short like mommy), and his head was 39 centimeters (50 %tile- average). The doctor seemed pleased with the things he was able to do, and Matthew even gave the doc a giggle, which was kind of cute. He did receive 4 shots and an oral vaccine. Sadly, the poor little thing had a slight reaction to them, and had a fever for most of the night; didn't want to eat, for most of the night; and was super fussy, all night long. Mommy is going on very little sleep today.
Oh well, the joys of parenthood! :)
Lastly, he also has something called an umbilical hernia that from what I hear is actually quite common. It's not something they fix, unless it begins to cause problems or unless we decide we want it fixed, for cosmetic reasons. I'll take a picture of it later today and post it. It's actually kind of cute; it looks like he has a big ol' outtie! :)
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
September 11th, a day we shall never forget,
It's the day America stood in shock and in sorrow we sadly wept.
We cried for all those lost in the towers on that day.
We cried for our Pentagon and all our people lost on the planes.
We cried for Flight 93; the brave passengers took control.
They overtook the terrorists to save the Capitol we are told.
We cried for all our firefighters who gave their lives so courageously.
We cried for our policemen; they were as brave as they could be.
We cried for our emergency workers, trying to search for lives to save.
We cried for all our people as those towers fell away.
We cried for K-9 Sirius: his master thought he would be safe.
All the workers at Ground 0-- we give you tribute and all praise!
You worked so hard, searching there day after day.
With heavy hearts you shoveled and gently raked the ground.
You searched day and night for the lost to be found.
We praise the many steel workers; you really did your part
You worked so very gently, cutting all the beams apart.
Piece-by-piece you moved them; you were there right from the start.
We praise all our charities; they gave so freely of their deeds.
They gave of them selves in support for all the families needs.
The search and rescue dogs were as dedicated as they could be—
Finding paths to the dead, they proved their loyalty.
We thank their loving handlers that worked and trained them patiently.
Praise to our President for his strength and deep convictions,
He stands mighty and so strong against all terrorist actions.
He has called us all to prayer for our help and dedication.
We must never forget that day of mighty devastation.
More than 3000 of our people were taken tragically away.
Those terrorists’ attacks were meant for our great USA!
Our military fights so hard to keep our country free.
They fight in the foreign lands in the air and on the seas.
They fight to rid our nation of all the terrorist evil ways.
We are very proud of them, their accomplishments we’ve seen.
We took a mighty hit, but we stand together strong.
Heart to heart and hand in hand, we’ll never stand-alone,
For We live in America,
A NATION UNDER GOD!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Laura over at Synchronization of Us just shared with me the Nice Matters Award!
This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.
Thanks Laura! I have been reading your blog for a few months now, and your blogs/ pictures of your kiddos always make me smile! :)
Here are my 7...drummmm rolll pleaseeee :
Amy from Oh, the days in the life of the Horton's - Amy grew up in good ol' Ohio but has since moved away. We've never met, yet we've frequented many of the same malls, eateries, etc. in Ohio. I think if we lived close to each other, we'd be the best of friends! :)
Arizaphale from Now Where Did I Put That Flaming Sword - If you ever want to smile, just read her page! She has such spunk and charisma, and is such a sweet woman.
Blueberry from Blueberry and Bean - Ok, so not only are our kids in an arranged marriage, but she really is one of the nicest people I know. From the first time I met her, when she was my boss (yes, that's right...my boss), I knew that I would hit it off with her! I was right, and now she's one of my dearest friends.
Cool Mama from Mohawks and Dirty Diapers - One of the funniest women in blogging, here people. She is so sweet and so cool (hence the name, maybe??). We also seem to have a lot in common and I just love reading about her little cutie, Luca!
Dawn from How I See It- I started reading her blog the day we were both induced with our second kids! How cool is that? She is so sweet and is such a loving mama. It's neat to see the boys grow and reach milestones at the same time. :)
Rebekah from This is Our Life- Ok, so Bekah is family, but that doesn't mean she isn't nice! :)
Go read about her and Mark's adventures in parenthood, and the excitement God has blessed them with. They're about ready to adopt and the love they already have for their future child is SO apparent!! :)
Maya from the Laurent Files - Maya is so sweet. She never seems to post a negative post and is always saying the nicest things about my not so professional photography. Also, she has quite a cute little man, so go check her out! :)
Thanks to all of my nice friends! :) You make my day shine, even when it's been hard or crappy. haha.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
The first baby I ever held, the first diaper I ever changed, the first baby I ever fed.... and the first sibling I might actually have to say "goodbye" to. Hard? yes, very.
She is certainly one of my best friends, and I am SO proud that she is my sister. :)
Here we are, today:
Friday, September 7, 2007
2) It's ok to have popcorn for breakfast once in awhile...or lunch....or dinner....
3) Go to a parent's house at least once a week for dinner, because they always cook your favorite foods. (Thanks daddy, for the roasted potatoes and all of the other goodies you made!! yum-o!!) And it does help a tad, to have a chef for a daddy!
4) Explosive poopy diapers at the library are not fun. Thanks Matthew.
5) Baby Bjorne is the best invention EVER! I have two hands again!
6) It's ok to relax and read a book while the babies are sleeping. (I just got the sequel to Pride and Prejudice, called Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, and it's really really good!)
7) 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... is Adam's new favorite thing to say
8) 2 more weeks before classes start :(
9) one more month until Andy graduates (again...lol)!! Yay! Big party in the works, people.
and last but not least
10) Taking a shower with a 2 year old watching is quite the experience. sigh.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
One of my fellow bloggers introduced me to Trendy Tadpole baby clothes. These clothes are amazingly witty and are just TOO cute, not to buy. Go check out their website.
There are onsies and shirts that say things like: "I love Johnny Cash" and "Ab/Cd For those about to read we salute you". Then there are funny little ones, like this one:
This one is super cute, especially since I call Adam this on occasion!! haha.
And, best of all, the owner BLOGS on her site! I think there's something special to say about anyone who blogs.
So, go check them out, if you have kiddos!
One of my fellow bloggers, Christina (sorry I didn't give you credit from the beginning!), posted a meme about the story of "you". It's basically getting a little more intimate with the people who read your blog and sharing a little more of your life. SO.... since I don't have any photos scanned in of me from when I was little, I guess I can at least share the last 7 years of my life...right? :)
My Senior Picture (17 years old)
Andy and I- while we were dating, before we were engaged
Our Engagement Picture (taken January 2001) - this is also my favorite picture of Andy... He's so handsome. :)
Our Wedding Day July 28, 2001 (Such babies. lol)
2002 Teaching (before I decided that I didn't want to do that anymore)
2003 Concert Going- the days before kids...sigh.
2004- Jessica's college Graduation
Pregnant with Adam- this was taken the day before he was born
Right when we found out I was pregnant again
Ohhh Pregnant... haha. 35 weeks with Matthew
Me with my boys :) Two months ago
If you read my blog on a regular basis and want to participate in this fun little meme, please feel free to do so!
As always, head on over to Picture This, to be exposed! :)