Saturday, January 26, 2008

Things I Recommend

Dawn had this on her blog, and well.... I just had to borrow the idea! Thanks Dawn... GREAT idea!

Music- I listen to random music, but these two CDs are amongst my favs:

Family Force 5- Get CRUNKED. I'm a LUV Addict. L.O.V.E

(My sibs will appreciate this one: hardcore Christian punk band)

We will be seeing them on Feb 14th! woo!



Maroon 5- I think I have a thing for *5s*


Kid Show- As some of you know, I am pretty strict with Adam's T.V. watching. However, there are shows out there that REALLY are good for kids to watch. And, well, since Matthew has come along he watches a tad bit more TV than before.

Word World on PBS- Bean got us into this one! I love this show. It is so educational, and cute to boot!


Website- Swango I love a good deal. This website is AMAZING! It is a clothing swapping site. That's right- swapping of clothing. Ive not yet posted anything or received anything, but I plan on working on that this week.


Clothing Item-
Steve Madden Flats. I don't own this exact pair, but it's pretty close. These shoes are GREAT! You can wear them in the summer with shorts or a skirt or in the winter with jeans. And they are SUPER comfortable. I actually found mine at a resale store, so they didn't cost nearly what they would in a department store. So, ladies, get thrifting! :)

Food Item- If you know me, you know that I am a foodie. I love to cook, I love to try new things, and I just love to eat!

Near East Products- I love this company! If you can catch sales, they sometimes go for $1 a box (and there are occasionally coupons on smartsource.com )
The Couscous is amazing and it only takes 5 minutes to make! Yum-O!


Cookbook- As I said in one of my memes I love cookbooks! I really do read them like novels. My newest book is by Curtis Stone (of Take home Chef on TLC), and it's called, Cooking with Curtis: Easy, Everyday and Adventurous Recipes for the Home Cook. It has really classy ideas, but easy to make and affordable. Check it out! :) Plus, he's a pretty cute little Aussie!! ;)


Well, that's all for this edition of Things I Recommend. I think I might do this weekly or monthly; it was a lot of fun! Enjoy! :)

10 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

cool idea! I'll have to check out swango. Hubby wants to go to that concert in Feb. We'll see. :)

cute shoes too!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you did this too - I think it's so fun to see what we're up to in our everydayness, not about the kids, ya know?

I love FF5. It's crazy, I know. I mean, THEY'RE crazy. I've seen them live twice and I get all into their performance. There's just something about them that makes my inner freak flag fly, I'm not kidding. But I don't have their cds. Live shows only for me, please! "Shakeitlikeanearthquake!!"

I'm no cooking fan but that Aussie just might change my mind...

Rebekah said...

Did Andy make it home yet? I'm sure that all of you were glad to have him back!

Kellan said...

Hey - those are cute shoes! Thanks for all the recommendations. Hope you are having a good weekend so far. See you later. Kellan

Blueberry said...

mmmmm, curtis is yummy..... ;)

Don Mills Diva said...

I am a foodie too but I have never heard of Curtis Stone. I might have to check out that book based on his cuteness alone.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

My daughter wants me to take her to a club to see Family Force Five - I am still debating - I do like the music though

Christina said...

I love the reccomendations! I'm a fan of Near East, too. Swango sounds awesome, I'll have to check that out! Those shoes look super cute, too - I'll have to keep en eyeout at the thrift store. Yes, I'm a bargain addict too. ;o)

KG said...

I also really love that same brand of couscous . . . I usually add some sauteed mushrooms with garlic salt and some sliced in half grape tomatos (just put in long enough to get warm - not really cooked). Sprinkle the feta with basil (they sell it with the cheese in the grocery store)and dinner is ready!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yeah, Curtis is definitely ranking high on the cute o meter. Never heard of him, but...wow. And he can cook too?