Thursday, February 28, 2008
But there will be pictures.lots.and.lots.of pictures!
Today I spent the day with my sister (making her dinner and cleaning her house).... and tomorrow she will be doing A LOT of work and she will bring my niece into the world. And my big sister is going to be the best mom to three precious children, and I couldn't be more proud to call her My.Big.Sister. I loaf you BIG, Michelle! :) (Don't forget where your belly button is... tee hee ;>)
Cool thing- This is the same place Andy graduated college, 5 months ago. I will graduate at this venue, as well, in about a year. :)
I love memory lane. It can be so grand! :)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
And Mommy played with Photoshop.... I think I might almost be addicted:
What's on YOUR Fridge?
This is side #1-It holds Adam's coloring jobs, his Sunday school papers, the trash schedule, and any comics my husband seems to find exceptionally funny.
side #2- Holds a ridiculous photo of Andy and I from Kings Island, various magnets, a pizza coupon thing (which we never use... I wonder if the coupons are still valid??), and we always stick the donation papers there (for the taxes) any time we donate- if we don't then we lose them.
The most important PART of the fridge- The child lock. Without this, eggs would be broken all over the floor and milk would be spilled (and I would cry!).
Oh...and just a peek inside.
Tami tagged me for this one. Here are the rules:
Food Meme- I think these are supposed to be food related answers? At least that's what Tami did... :)
Rules:1. Link to your tagger and post these
rules.2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
1) Hi, my name is Brittany and I am a candy addict. I eat and breathe candy. I like sour, gummy, chewy and anything that contains at least 85% sugar.
2) Hi my name is Brittany and I am a popcorn addict. The more butter, the better.
3) I'm not a huge fan of melted cheese. I know, I know. I just don't like the consistency. Oh well. I don't even REALLY like it on pizza... but I eat it anyway.
4) To cover up the taste of tuna noodle casserole, as a kid, my sister and I would crumble Doritos and cover the casserole with them. Doritos can literally cover up the taste of ANYTHING. I still, to this day, cannot stand tuna. It makes me gag to even think about it. EW.
5) I try everything that I put into my kids' mouths. I try to make as much of the baby food, as I can, but there are some things that are really hard to puree and get to the right consistency. So, yes, I try them all. Did you know that the new Gerber, DHA/ARA, strawberry granola is AMAZING? It tastes like yogurt... mm... lol
I'm not going to be a rule follower and tag anyone. If you want to do it, go for it! If you're going to do one of them, do the fridge one... that was fun! :)
Monday, February 25, 2008
1) Took Andy to work, for him to leave on his trip. Had to get the boys up at 5:45 and get Andy to work by 7:00 (we live 45 minutes from downtown). sigh.
2) Andy left.
3) Adam cried for about 15 minutes, because he realized he wouldn't see daddy all week.
4) We stopped and got bagels, on the way home. That was good!
5) Got home, Matthew wanted to sleep (thank the LORD!). This was 8:30ish.
6) Adam followed around 10:00 am.
7) Matthew woke up at 10:15am. GRR! I was going to rest myself.
8) Matthew and I played, until 11:30, when he was ready to crash again. He did! YAY!
9) I worked out. (woo)
10) Adam woke up at 12:15.
11) Matthew woke up at 1:00.
12) We left the house. Went and ran errands.
13) Adam asked if daddy was home. No, still no daddy.
14) We went to the mall, to keep our minds off daddy. (only spent $2.99, thank you. Darn Disney store!!)
15) Adam asked AGAIN about daddy. sigh. No daddy.
16) Andy called frantic about some CD that was missing, and that he feared was at home. I was not at home to look.
17) Adam asked if daddy was calling from home. AH! NO!
18) Andy called again... needs CD asap... Needs me to go home.
19) Adam ASKS AGAIN!
20) Mommy starts crying. a lot.
21) I didn't go home. I went to my mommy's.
22) Andy called again. Someone would be by the house at 8:30 to pick up CD. Good.
23) We leave, to come home, and Adam asks if daddy is home. (I really wanted to cry, but I didn't)- "No little man, daddy is not home! We don't get to see him until Friday. I'm sorry!" Adam cries. Oh man.
24) We get home.
25) THREE messages on the answering machine of a frantic woman... who... has.... OUR.... DOG!!! WHAT? Sadie is gone? ALL day? AHH!!
26) Call lady. Apparently she only lives three or four doors down, and indeed she has Sadie. I have no idea how she got out.
27) Matthew is tired, by this point, and hysterical. Adam is "hungry." and I want to cry- again. I didn't cry.
28) We get home, again. Matthew goes to bed. Sadie gets fed. Adam gets popcorn. Mommy wants a cheesecake...an entire cheesecake.
29) Time for Adam's bed (it's 8:00).
30) Adam gets out of bed twice- once while mommy is peeing.
31) Many knocks on door (8:10- not 8:30) to get CD.... mommy is in mid-pee, Adam is climbing out of bed, and I almost forget to put my pants up before opening the front door. Thank God, I remembered that vital step.
32) Adam hangs on my leg, Sadie tries to eat man at door, and I've forgotten where I put the CD.
33) Man leaves. Adam is threatened, and put back to bed... Mommy finishes pee....
34) Mommy blogs. SIGH
Are you as tired as I AM?!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Nooooddddlesss... Adam fought us on eating these rice noodles... but eventually he came around- after playing with them for a bit.
Samantha, too, had a rough weekend of sleeping.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Don't miss my WEEKLY WRAP below! :)
Have a great weekend, all!
1) My mommy's "real" Birthday was today. My eldest sister and I spent the day with her! It was a blast, the kids played, and she looooved her Mother's ring! :) (Sorry it was the wrong size, mama, the new one will be here soon!)
2) My sister is being INDUCED next FRIDAY!!!!!!! YAY!!! :) I get to meet my new baby niece in one week! :) I am going to live at the hospital, until she comes... I can't wait. :) (I have bought many pink things, to lessen my need to have more children, in order to possibly have a girl)
3) Adam fell, while spinning in circles on the hardwood. He busted his nose and had his first bad bloody (or "blawdy" as he kept saying) nose. It was pretty nasty. I will be surprised if he doesn't wake up with some sort of bruising. sigh.
4) Andy goes out of town, next week. Monday-Friday...again. sigh.
5) I am having a pampered chef show on Sunday. I am pretty pumped. If you want to come, let me know (I didn't do well at making a complete guest list- so if I missed someone forgive me!). It's at 2pm on Sunday. CHOCOLATE is the theme!!! :) We are making some yummy treats!!!!
6) I'm addicted to Dayquil. BUT Today is the best I've felt since Saturday night. I was able to do laundry and function. Thank Goodness!
7) Did I mention my sister was being induced next week????? :) Aunt Brittany is a little excited.
8) My little sister is going on her first date tomorrow night. THIS is depressing. The boy is nice, she is old enough, but... she was the first baby I held. sigh. And she's still my *little* sister (who happens to be taller than me). sigh.
9) Today was much better with Adam. He was an angel. No joke. He did everything I asked, he was polite, he said "yes, mom," to everything and was just amazing.
A cute moment: I asked "hey bud, are you ok down there?" he said, "yes mom, I'm fine!" WHAT? "I'm FINE?" I am so glad I use proper grammar, when speaking around him. He's a little me. teehee.
10) This is the angel I love:
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
IF you want to see more texture, head over to Stacy's Theme Thursdays! :)
I am so beyond frustrated, right now, all I can do is blog. My child has lost all ability to hear me when I am telling him to do AN-Y-THING. Whether it's me telling his "yes, you may do that," or "noway, son," he just DOES NOT hear it! Ok, ok, I know he hears me but he's not listening to one word I say, and I am about ready to explode. Yes, I know this is normal. Yes, I know he's only two. But I am telling you, he knows what he's doing and he knows what's right and what's wrong. This child is s-m-a-r-t, and that is what's scary.
He knows exactly how to do something so that it is JUST different enough, to not be what I told him not to do. He'll wait 20 minutes, after I put him down for a nap, get up and then try to convince me that he slept. He moves food around, on his plate, to make it look like he ate some of his food.
According to my MIL- he is his father. Ah yes, the big DH was T R O U B L E ! And he was a troublemaker until he was 22 or 23... I'm not kidding. I married him knowing he was trouble. WHAT was I thinking? (just kidding, love bug, I love you!)
So, what's frustrating the most is I feel like I am a good parent. I have fun, yes. But, I know when not to have fun. I don't give in when he's being punished. He doesn't get things every time we go shopping. I am strict. I try to remain calm (TRY). I am consistent. I lovingly punish him (we hug and make-up after time out, etc.). So what else can I do? beat him? lock him in his room? BAH!
I just feel drained. And being sick on top of it doesn't help one bit! sigh.
Thanks for letting me rant! I feel much better. Going to retrieve the prisoner from his jail cell.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Anyway- while mommy has been sick, daddy took a few photos:
Daddy said it was very quiet, Matthew was sleeping and Adam was playing in his room. But, wait, Adam wasn't in his room! Adam was in bed with Matthew!! ha ha ha. Oh, daddy.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
And... a video of Matthew saying "da". He says it much more than that... But at least I was able to get something!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
And the best of all... Things not to do while driving.... haha. It was fun, though! :)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
OH, and LOOK:
I NEVER win anything, so I am pretty pumped about this! :) Kathryn and her beautiful boys picked my name! So, I get a goody box....THAT includes $20! ah! What do I do with money just for me? AH! haha. Who knows. Maybe I will PAY IT FORWARD???? hmmmm.... Stay tuned for a giveaway, SOON! :)
Visit Stacy for just pure fun!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tomorrow, for Valentine's Day, I am taking my siblings and a friend (3 teenage girls!) to see THIS band. I must say, I love this band and I am pretty pumped (we even made matching shirts.I.am.so.COOL.)- I must also say that the last time I saw this band live- I ALMOST DIED! The rowdiest of people like this band and they are not afraid to show it. I am going to be mushed, moshed, kicked, hit, and whatever else happens at a punk RAWK show. farewell blog world- if I don't make it out alive.
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people
"1. In a heavy, medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium-low heat. 2. In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks until pale yellow. In a small bowl, combine the sugar flower and salt."
Ahh...told you I read too many cookbooks! This is a recipe for Banana Chocolate Scones. Sounds appealing... and oddly ironic, since Sassy and I are bound to have scones together, someday. haha.
I tag.... the first five people to read this post! Kellan? Christina? Blueberry? hmmm who else??? ;)
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
As many of you already know, Adam has been potty training for a few months now (seems like 10 years), and has been doing fairly well. He has filled MANY sticker charts and is now filling jars with marbles (or as he calls them, diamonds). Well, we've been dabbling with him wearing underwear, while we're at home. He's doing VERY well, and has gone a total of two days wearing underwear. Yesterday he peed all over the floor, but that's not too bad, in my opinion.
Anyway- to show him how proud we are of him, daddy played hooky from work on Friday and we took him to Chuck E Cheese. Mind you, he's never been to the land of pizza, lights, large scary mouse, and games galore! So, this was a jaw dropping, A.D.D acting, experience for Adam (and Matthew, too!).
Here are some pictures:
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Where should we go, Stewart?
Daddy and Adam playing basketball
Matthew and his brother (who is too busy watching other kids play games)
And the whole reason we went to Chuck E Cheese (yay, Adam!)