Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Summer Lovin'



Today was the official beginning of our "summer break." Today was the last of our responsibilities for the year. My classes ended, volunteering ended, youth group ended, and today playgroup ended. So, now, what in the world do we do? I'm being told that I am to rest before Matthew gets here, but for some reason I feel the opposite. I feel like I should be doing more, because of Matthew coming. Shouldn't I be spending more time with Adam? Shouldn't I be getting more done, before Matthew comes? Sigh. Catch 22-- as always!

I have, however, in the past two weeks read TWO books. Yes, that's right, two whole books. Not "Hop on Pop," or "Brown Bear," but actual books. It's been well over 2 years since I've read an actual book, all the way through. I've started many books, in the past, but I had yet to finish one. I'll post book reviews in the coming days. I need to think about the books a little, before commenting. :)


Oh!! Btw, it's been 90 degrees for the past two weeks, in Ohio... and this morning... the day of our playgroup picnic... it's 56 degrees!!!!!! Hence the coat on Adam. Stupid Ohio weather.


Ok, so now that I look at these pictures I feel like my son looks like Donald Trump. Maybe I need to cut the wings and the back a little more? Or stop giving him a comb over? I can't win. Stupid Ohio weather (what? I have to blame something....) !!

4 comments:

Blueberry said...

that park looks great! i'm still bummed that we couldn't go! :(
glad you had a good time!

JessicaR said...

Get some REST while one of the boys is still in a contained environment! ;)

Good job on the books... I have not read any in awhile :( Jonathan and I are going to NJ next month for a few days. I'd like to read some while we're driving there, but you KNOW he talks too much to concentrate!

Cool Mama said...

Girl,

I give you all the credit taking care of a toddler and being almost about to pop the second one...congrats!
Don't worry about the size...most of the time they are never right! On my last sonogram, a week before I gave birth, they told me that my son Luca was going to weigh less then 6 pounds...well, guess what?....He was 7 pounds 7 ounces!
Whe is your due date?

CM

Brittany said...

CM-

Not soon enough!! haha I am due July 16th. So, a little over a month. And let me tell you, I am D-O-N-E and ready. :)