Monday, October 8, 2007

Sleeping Handsome (A Matthew Update)

How in the world do they sleep in such positions? One Of Matthew's favorite places to sleep is in this swing. He kicks all of the blankets off (notice the blankets on the floor) and hates the belt latch, all so that he can get into this crazy position.


He did fairly well today. It was still along day, however. Anytime a child is sick it's rough, especially when they can't tell you what hurts or what's wrong. His coughing is about the same and I kept tylenol in him all day (so I have no idea if the fever is really gone). He would barely let me put him down and even napped on me for about an hour or so this afternoon. Mind you, I like the cuddle time! :) While I was at class tonight, Andy was able to get him to sleep in his swing. That might be where he sleeps all night, too! Overall, decent day. Not any worse, but not any better. I shall keep you posted!

Just look at that cute little face. :)




(These pics where taken with the night mode on my camera- I am impressed; his room is pitch black!)

8 comments:

Blueberry said...

yes, night mode rocks!
glad things are going well. :)

The Egel Nest said...

Our son slept in the swing exclusively for about 3 1/2 months and then one day he hated it....go figure! :)

Hope he feels better!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

love the photos, especially the expression on his face in the second one! ahhh, i cant wait to have little ones, i'm so jealous!!

Christina said...

hehe, those positions they contort themselves into are so funny! I've known a few babies that slept exclusively in the swing for months. Keep feeling better, little guy!

Maya said...

I need to take some pictures in night mode.

Poor lil man! He does look comfy though...in a weird way!

Arizaphale said...

I remember the Baby Angel sleeping on me for hours when she was sick. Sometimes we could sneak Grandma in in my place so I got to get up and go to the loo :-)It was always so frightening when she got a fever as there had been outbreaks of meningitis when she was a baby and my mother is so quick to panic....but thankfully she has been pretty robust over the years. Tylenol is like baby Panadol right? A lifesaver I think. Let's hope Matthew gets better really soon.
Re: the comments on my blog..You are SO RIGHT! That is exactly why we cleaned the house!! :-D Like, "Lend us more money: we are really nice, clean people who care for their property!" hahahaha, I'm sure we are transparent to the valuers.

Laura McIntyre said...

Eilidh used to sleep in the swing to, funny enough with her hands by her head. If it works don't ruin it

kim said...

Wow, amazing how those shots turned out. It's amazing how little ones can sleep in any position, he looks so sweet. I hope he's feeling better.