Sunday, July 13, 2008

Matthew's Birthday Party

Chaos. It was complete chaos. Ok, so maybe it was only chaos to me(?). I had many people tell me what a wonderful time they had and what a great party it was. BUT to me... it was a complete ZOO!! haha. We were so blessed to have so many family members and friends come to Matt's "big ONE" party! There were no big catastrophes, minus Matt trying to play with the fire, during cake time. While, yes, he may have briefly touched the flame, I think me yelling "MATT NO!" was far more harmful. We had enough food barely, we may have ran out of forks, and cups were (gone) scarce... but... but... we had a wonderful time and no one threw up their cake so, in my mind, the party was a success! Here are some photos of the event:


farmer Matt and his Birthday throne



The sheep trying to escape the barn cake!





Matt escaping cake eating! He really wasn't impressed.


Look! Amy's Mommy CAN hold babies. ;) See Amy, she needs grandkids someday!! :)



Naked baby opening presents. Does it get any better??

Oh, yes... it does.

Why do THEY (ANDREW) always get stupid face photos of me?? Seriously, people.






And here is one of my favorite photos of the weekend. I know it's not of Matthew, but it's just SO cute! :) Adam wrapped in crepe paper! :)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh! And Matt's Stats from his well check:

* He can say 22 words- by identifying photos or people
* He can catch a ball and throw one
* He can dump, pick up, and place raisins back into a dixie sized cup
* He can walk, stoop down and pick up something and stand back up without falling
* He can flip through a book, the proper way
* He can wave and clap
* He was assessed at 17-19 months! :) Go genius boy!! :) ha ha.

*Weight: 19 lbs (almost 10 %tile)
*Height: 29 inches (25th %tile)

28 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks like a great party! Too bad I don't live closer...

I loved the shots of Matt with his cake, so fun! And he will need to eat a bunch to get to that magic 20 lb mark!

Amy said...

Looks like a fun party! I love the first birthday cake, those are some of the best times ever!

Arizaphale said...

Well he's obviously been expending all his effort growing his brain!!! Impressive but Tiny Genius Boy indeed!! :-D
The party looked great. One year old parties are always zoos, what are you talking about? That's what they're MEANT to be like. I love the pics of you. You are as thin as a reed my dear. Get some cake into you hahah

Arizaphale said...

Oh yea, I loved his cake too. I have to go and think of one for Small Boy, it's his birthday on Thursday....

KG said...

Good for him! What a tiny, cute little guy! 29 inches?! Really?!? Sumo weighed 19 lbs. at like 3 months.

I want a piece of cake!!!

Blueberry said...

matthew didn't really enjoy that cake did he? it was pretty funny watching him mash it up and throw it on the floor though! :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

sounds like an awesome party... glad it went well. happy Birthday Matthew!

brittany

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I love the cake - the sheep escaping, especially. The yellow looks like large hay bales.

I think you look beautiful.

KEEP BELIEVING

Unknown said...

22 Words? Wow that kid can talk!

Happy Birthday again to Matthew! I love his cake, so cute! Looks and sounds like a great party for such a sweet boy!

Christina said...

But baby parties are supposed to be crazy! That's part of the fun! Sounds like a great time, and that cake is too cute. As is your little man. Your SMART little man, I might add.

chaoticfamily said...

What a cutie pie. Love the cake it's incredible.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great party, cake looks so yum.

He really is a smart little boy, and of course really extra cute to.

iMother2.0 said...

how FUN! How cute that Matt is trying to escape the cake...just like the sheep :)

Killlashandra said...

I think you controlled chaos paid off nicely! I love the cake with the farm animals and the one separate slice for him. And your decorations looked great. I'm sure everyone had a splendid time. :)

Sara said...

awesome way to go matt!

Megan said...

that cake is something else! looks like a great time.

The Source said...

Wow, that is a terrific birthday cake! Looks like the birthday boy had a wonderful time!

Rebekah said...

The cake looks great! I had to laugh at the stats because Steven's about the same size. Last week at the doctors, he weighed in at 8 lb, 10 oz. He didn't get measured during the visit, but at 6 months he was 29".

I'm hoping he slows down on the growing soon because we are going through way to many clothes!

mandaroo63 said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like he had a wonderful day. Great looking cake too!

Jaimee said...

Looks like an awesome party! 22 words? He is a boy genius!!

Never That Easy said...

It looks like everybody had a great time: I absolutely love that barnyard cake, which is very very cute. Happy Birthday, Little Guy.

kim said...

I think it looks like an awesome party!!! What an adorable birthday boy.... and celebratory big bro.

Kat said...

It looks like a fabulous party! Such a little darling. Your boys are just too gorgeous!!!

tricki_nicki said...

1. Happy b-day Matt!
2. That cake is darling.
3. HOW can you be so skinny and cute after just one year?

Stacy said...

Looks like it was a fun time and I love the cake and theme. He looks pretty much like Anya did at her one year cake thrashing. ;) Oh, and I think all parties are pretty much chaos...just wait until you have a room full of small children and lizards! Maybe that's just me that would think that sounded like fun. ;)

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! I love that cake! and you crack me up!

I thought I had commented last night, but it was only me losing my mind!

Maya said...

Happy Birthday to Matthew!!! That cake is pretty cool! And how funny that he wanted to be done eating the cake. I bet that is different next year!!!

Our Family said...

You did a TERRIFIC job!!!! And it looks like He had fun too :)

I know what you mean about those parties though...doesn't it always seem like the Mom's get stuck with all the chaos?? I think we just want everything perfect for our little ones :)

Love the cake ;)