Sunday, July 27, 2008

God Bless The Broken Road

That lead me straight to you....

Dear A-

Seven years ago I was eighteen, barely out of high school, naive, and head over heals in love with a blue eyed, brown (or was it blond when we met?? hehe) haired, boy, who made me melt when I was in his arms. Little did I know what the years would bring: the joys, the sorrows, the trials, tribulations, and the life lessons we would embark on together. We were merely babies taking on marriage, with full force, no matter what warnings we were given.

While the first few years of marriage was a true test of strength, we struggled together. We stood side-by-side, as man and wife, and fought our way through. We grew up together and we grew together as one. We learned to love each other deeper than we ever could have imagined.

In our fourth year of marriage, we had Adam. God took the best of us, and gave us our beautiful little boy. And 20 months later, we were blessed again with another wonderful creation, Matthew. Our little family.

I have been far from the perfect wife and far from the perfect person. You have seen me at my weakest, my ugliest, and my sickest. And through all of that you have continued to love me, you have told me I am the most beautiful person you know, and you have held me up when I've wanted to fall. You are my rock and my partner. And even though sometimes I don't show it nor do I always say it, I am thankful for you. I am thankful that you are in my life, and that you were the one God put on this earth for me.

Thank you, Andy, for being silly. Thank you for making me smile. Thank you for bringing out the best in me. Thank you for being there for me, when I'm not at my best. Thank you for loving me through hard times. Thank you for for everything you do to provide for us. Thank you for being YOU.

Happy Seven Years, baby!

Forever-
B


**This is our wedding song. It's beautiful and ever so true, even to this day**


24 comments:

Blueberry said...

happy anniversary! :)

Homegrown Tribe said...

that was so sweet! I love that picture of the 2 of you.

happy anniversary.

brittany

Stacy said...

Love the pictures of you two - you look so happy! Happy Anniversary! I love that song, too - great choice!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! beautiful letter, I love you guys!

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

What a beautiful post - you are blessed to have each other.

Happy anniversary.

Anna Sawin said...

Happy anniversary, and thanks for sharing your story and song. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

Unknown said...

Not sure an anniversary post has every made me cry before. So sweet. Happy 7th Anniversary!!

You two are beautiful together!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What is the last picture? It won't come up on my computer!

Anonymous said...

Again I am sobbing over another one of your beautiful blogs.
What an amazing tribute to the love you and Andy have for each other!
God Bless You both on this day your Anniversary and always!
I love you BOTH so very much!!
Love,
Mom

Kellan said...

Happy Anniversary, Brittany - you are a beautiful couple and live a blessed life. I wish you many more!

Take care - Kellan

Amy said...

What a sweet letter to your hubs! Happy Anniversary and I wish you many more in the future!

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are just the sweetest! Considering that it made me tear up, I can oly imagine how it will touch Andy.

Tina said...

Aw...happy anniversary! :)

tricki_nicki said...

That was beautifully written - thanks so much for sharing.

Maya said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sassy said...

YEAH, um, we have friends over and I am reading this...crying. They think I am a little weird.
Sweet words Brittany. You are so good! Hey, can you write my anniversary letter for me?

Sweet girl.

Maggie said...

Too sweet! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Oh my, you really were just a girl, weren't you. Happy SEVEN to you both.

KEEP BELIEVING

Rose said...

Happy Anniversary what a sweet tribute to a great husband. A beautiful song too.

Dawn said...

awww, happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

I just read this today....how wonderful and sweet that you have found your soul-mate.....

Seven years ago you were eighteen???!!!! O*MG*!!!! You are such a baby!

kim said...

So sorry I wasn't around to wish you a happy anniversary. Hope you had a wonderful day. You guys deserve it.