Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Year Long Thankful Wrap

The things for which I am Thankful:

1) Jesus Christ- without Him, nothing would be.

2) My husband- Ok, so not only is he extremely good looking, he's also pretty good at being a husband. And by pretty good, I mean he's the perfect one for me. :)

3) My beautiful boys. What would I do without those two sets of big and wondrous eyes? I am so blessed that I (we) have been given the privilege to raise them, here on Earth. While, yes, there are times they make me want to scream, but all of those times are covered by the smallest giggle, the toothy grins, the whispers of "mama" and their joyful hearts. I am so thankful.

4) My family. Without my parents (all sets of them!) I am not sure I could go on daily. Even through disagreements and harder times, I've learned that they only want the best for me and love me. I am thankful for their loving hearts and their wisdom.

5) My friends- I have such an array of friends. Some from high school (elementary school), some a little newer, and some who are just days old. BUT, I cherish them all. They all bring such joy to my life and such encouragement. I am ever so thankful for them.

6) The things given to us- We are provided for on a daily basis. We are blessed with our own home, two running cars, food on the table, clothes on our backs, and SO much more than we need.

7) Being a SAHM- I know I joke about wanting to work and not wanting to stay at home with the boys, but in all honesty if I didn't have this ever so important job... I don't know what I would do with myself! I can't imagine not being a SAHM, and we have been blessed so that I CAN be one. I am so thankful.

8) Time- I am thankful for time because it allows me to learn and grow. I am thankful for the time given to me with the ones I love, the time I have spent with my husband and children. I am thankful for the quiet times, that allow me to reconnect with myself. I am thankful.

9) Dora- Never thought I'd say this. Thank you, football shaped head little girl... you allow for #8.

10) Last but not least.... Thank You, Juan Valdez. tee hee. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, from our family, to yours!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

beautiful words, Brittany, have a great thanksgiving! with love!

Bradley's Mom said...

Hi Brittany:

Thank you so very much for your sweet and loving birthday wishes. It touched me so much!

Happy Holidays to you and your lovely family!

Linda

Christina said...

what beatiful words of thanksgiving!

Arizaphale said...

Sounds like a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. For me it was Thomas The Tank Engine and Rosie and Jim...but Dora works too.....:-)