Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday's Theme: Spectacle

A spectacle is something to be seen: like an event or "big to do." Well, my photo for today's theme is the calm before the storm (a good storm, however), if you will. Adam got to see his very first parade, yesterday, that his Grandpa Bop and Grandma Jacqui just happened to be IN! To Adam, this was a HUGE spectacle. Not only where there "fire cucks" and music, but two of his favorite people were marching on by. Oh, and who could forget the candy? He loved the fact that he could run into the road, grab a piece of candy, and mommy and daddy didn't say "no" to the eating of the candy (and we were actually letting him run into the road! I hope that one doesn't backfire on us- haha). What are holidays for, if the kiddo can't have a little fun? :)

Enjoy the photo :)



Also, on a side note. I did cut his hair again. The crazy fro, he had growing, was getting nappy and I couldn't brush it...EVER... so I decided it needed done. I cut it shorter, this time, too. Hopefully no one is angry with me, for cutting off the curls. Don't worry, they'll be back I am sure.

Be sure to check out more spectacles over at Picture This!

9 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Look at him! He's ready to go!!! Aren't parades great? We have a Xmas one here each year and I STILL get misty eyed when Santa comes!!!!

natalie said...

That's a great picture! Sounds like you had a great 4th!

Bunny said...

I love it! My boy has always LOVED parades. It really makes the same old fire trucks and local politicians worth seeing again.

Stacy said...

Love it! Parades are always so fun and for little kids it truly is such a spectacle. :)

kim said...

Aren't parades fun? We went to one yesterday, too. Our baby's first. He loved the music!

Christina said...

what a fun spectacle! His first parade - that's a memory you'll cherish forever!

Blueberry said...

i'm glad that adam liked his parade.

bean was... let's just say "less than thrilled" with the whole thing. there were too many people there so she wouldn't run out for the candy and the bands were too loud. oh well, maybe next year! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful perspective, I would never have thought to capture it that way.

tracey clark said...

That's what I love most about the 4th--fire cucks. : ) Great shot.
Tracey @ Picture This