Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thank The Lord...





I AM ALONE! :)

So, for the first time in days, maybe weeks... I am alone. Andy took Adam to church, and Matthew is sleeping for the time being. It's amazing how much I missed this time... so, of course, what am I doing? I am blogging and cleaning out the maternity clothes from my closet. haha.

This week has been a huge challenge for our family. Here's why:

1) Adam thinks he's being replaced, thus is acting out in every way possible to get attention.
2) Adam is teething (2 year molars) and is VERY cranky because of that.
3) Daddy had a 24 hour bug... leaving mommy alone, well before she was ready to be left alone..leading into a major meltdown.
4) Mommy's emotions are already running wild, and she spends at least an hour a day crying... haha. I can laugh now, because I am not in a crying mood.
5) Matthew is trying to figure out this whole breast feeding ordeal and spends about one hour trying to latch on before actually getting his meal... leaving mommy a little stressed out by the time the whole feeding is over. This is getting better, though- it only took about 15 minutes this morning for him to figure it out. yay! :)
6) The animals are going crazy, because there is another "hooligan" (I am sure this is the word they are using in their little minds) in the house.
7) Daddy's car is being fixed this coming week, after hitting the deer, leaving mommy locked in the house with no car (ok, so I'm not supposed to drive for two weeks anyway...but does anyone REALLY listen to that rule?!)

It's only just begun.... sigh.

Overall, I can't complain. Life isn't really "bad" just different. Everyone is adjusting pretty well, it just seems really nuts right now. I'm sure we're all coping the way we are supposed to be. I hope.

The pictures above are both "bath" pictures. The one on the left is of Matthew's first sponge bath and the one on the right is Adam's bath after having chocolate pie.

4 comments:

Blueberry said...

woo hoo!
that alone feeling is really wonderful sometimes.... :)

remember everything probably seems a little worse than it is because you are tired and still full of hormones. you are doing a great job! really!

Christina said...

Hugs! Those first few weeks are tough - and even more so with the second child, I'd imagine - but it won't always be so bad! I'm glad you were able to get some alone time and I hope you're feeling better soon. Your boys are adorable!

Stacy said...

Oh, it will get better, I promise! Just try to sleep when you can and eventually life will find it's routine. And, no, I didn't listent to that 2 week rule on driving... ;)

Laura McIntyre said...

Its such a lovely feeling to be alone sometimes is't it?
Having two really does get better , the first few months are tough but it really will be worth it. As i type my two year old and 8 month old are playing peek-a-boo around the high chair and have each other in fits of giggles. Moments like that make it all worth it