Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Babies and More Babies

So I was talking to Bean's Mommy today about the difference between boys and girls. We both decided that we liked the sex of our children, and that we wouldn't know what to do if we had the other sex. I'm glad Matthew is a boy. I am not sure what I would have done if we were having a girl. I know how to parent a boy, thus far, and I like having a mommy's boy.

HOWEVER....

I also had someone ask me if I were excited for Matthew, and if I were ready. READY? Who is actually READY to have a child?! I don't think there really is a readiness factor. I think that it's just a matter of "Okay, I have to do this," once they are here. haha. Not that I don't want to meet my son, because I do. I just am not 100% sure I am ready to have TWO kids, both under the age of 2! What in the world were we thinking? How is this going to work? Is it REALLY possible to be a mother to two kids? Yes, I know it is possible. I still just don't think I'm ready. I'll be ready when he's ready.... I think.


Here's Adam wanting more candy... Not one piece, but TWO he says. The joys of boys!






1 comment:

Blueberry said...

oh, can it really be that bad???
ok, at first it will probably be a little rough- it IS a big adjustment for ALL of you. but after a month or so it will be great and you won't know why you were so worried. right? i mean, you just have to get into a new routine. please tell me i'm right... um, maybe i'll just wait to see how you do before i make any life altering decisions for my family. HA HA HA HA!!! ;)

seriously, you will be fine. you have so many people supporting you! you can not fail because they won't let you. always remember to ask for help when you need it. so many people are waiting to give you a hand just like you have done for them! :) and know that god won't give you what you can't handle.
YOU CAN DO IT!! ;)