Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Things He Says


Sometimes I just crack up at the things Adam says. I love how kids hear something different, than what is actually in a song, a saying, a book, etc. And lately, he's just been on a roll! For example:

Instead of "Annie are you ok?" in the song, Smooth Criminal (yes, we love 80's music!), Adam sings "Matty are you ok?"

In the song, Sweet Dreams, by the Eurythmics, instead of singing "Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree?" he says "Three fish swim in the sea, who am I to disappear?"

Last night, instead of telling Sadie (the dog) to "Run like the wind!" he said "Run FROM the wind!!"

In the show Wonder Pets, they have a little chant at the end that says "But when we work together we've got the right stuff!" he says "But when we work together we've got to be tough!"

Today, when we were playing he almost fell off the bed and instead of saying "PHEW! that was a close one!" he said "Pew! That was a closed one!"

What do your kiddos say that crack you up?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Brittany I am laughing so hard I am crying!!

Stacy said...

Oh, he is so cute! I love hearing what the kids mis-say. Especially songs...heck sometimes I can't tell what the words are so I can't blame 'em LOL!

Fire Hunt said...

I need to do this my kids mis-say things all the time.

Jaimie Kylene said...

I love what comes out of kids mouths!

Kelli said...

Just watching Caleb learn to talk cracks me up. Last night he was yelling up to Jamison to come downstairs. He's saying the words but they aren't as clear but we could tell what he was saying. Too funny.
Closed one...LOL!

Christina said...

Haha! Oh my gosh, Brittany - he is TOO DANG FUNNY!

Rebekah said...

Yep, you made the cut :) I only have enough for half of my list, which is a real bummer.

Rose said...

Harrison has some good ones too. But I keep forgetting them before I get a chance to sit and write/blog them down! LL-OSER!

I love his interpretations of the songs -too much!

Unknown said...

Yesterday I asked Ben to turn the light on in the toy room and he said, "I'd be happy to!"

I like Adam's versions... : )

Tonya said...

Those are too cute! My kids have done that with songs too.

Dawn said...

That's adorable. Way to document it!

Yesterday I was getting the kids excited for hearing the new U2 song, 'Get On Your Boots'. After it started, Lucy said, "Is this song about monkeys?"

I'll be blogging this soon. We're on a roll with music & song lyrics this week.

Anonymous said...

He's a creative one!!!

KG said...

Ok, so I know this sounds sort of dumb, but I am just endlessly amused by teh logical conclusions that kids make from their personal experiences when confronted with something new. Like yesterday I was walking with my kid up the street and there was some painted marking on the street for pipes or wahtever those marks are for, and he's all, "Mama, chalk!" Because he figures that, of course, if there are markes on the pavement, somebody used sidewalk chalk to draw out there. Hawt.

Tina said...

How cute! It's awesome that you have these things written so that you can remember them forever!!

My kids...they're crazy!

"Mom, you are freakin' me out!"
"Are you Serious???"
"Do I have to wear these 'glubs'?"