Sunday, September 21, 2008

So Much to Post (and a BSM or 2)

There's been so much going on since Thursday, I've not had the energy to post it all. I don't even know where to start. Let's list it:

1) My dad spent 2 days in the hospital (All day Thurs and Friday), after getting a good report on his liver biopsy. Tell me this isn't odd!? It was the worst 2 days of my life, and if he ever does it to me again, I too will have to be put into the hospital.

The biopsy showed that he has cirrhosis of the liver (which we already kind of knew), esophageal varices (which he will have to have surgery on, ASAP), and an enlarged spleen (which is one reason he was in the hospital, because it caused him to have a white blood count of 1.1= bad). It's easier if you go read about everything, because I am still processing it all and I can't really explain any of it too well.

Overall, it was REALLY scary. I did too much crying, a whole lot of praying, and I am just thankful that he is AT HOME and doing really well, this evening. Tomorrow is his Birthday, and we are going to go spend time with him and I am going to make him R E S T (something we don't do well in our family...hmm...).

2) Adam had his first soccer game! See photos below.

3) We went apple picking with our favorite Bean! :)

4) AMY came home! :)

5) I took another nap. It was good. :)

6) My test is this week. I am not looking forward to it. Actually, I am dreading it. sigh.

7) See the many cute photos of this weekend, below:

It was a hot, hot, hot day at the apple orchard!


I think this is one of my favorite photos, from the weekend! I just love the look on his face.


That's Adam kicking the ball!

Best friends....

He's my best friend, too. ;)

Matty and Daddy picking apples (I have a photo JUST like this of Adam and Daddy)

Adam and Amy (watch out, Tom; he's coming for your woman!)


What did you do this weekend? Head over to Mother May I for some Best shots!

29 comments:

Fire Hunt said...

I am so happy to hear that your dad is a home.we will call him to say happy b-day. I love all the photos as always.

Blueberry said...

thank goodness your daddy is home and doing better. please do make him rest- he deserves it. happy birthday to him!

love that kicking the ball picture- it made me giggle! :)

iMother2.0 said...

So sorry about your dad, but am sure glad he's at home...happy happy happy birthday to him.
Wow! you've been busy! I read that you had a nap. Wonderful, but now I need one after reading all that you did.
SUPER soccer shot! And LOVE all the apple picking shots, too.

iMother2.0 said...

p.s. good luck on your test this week :)

chaoticfamily said...

Glad your Dad is home - but wow - sorry things have not been good! Stay strong and positive. :)

Lovely shots.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics and you too.

Sue

Dawn said...

Hang in there, dearie. Be sure to get some REST yourself!!

Adorable pictures; apple picking is a great outing for the kiddos.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Glad your dad is home.

Ahhhh the apple orchard....yes it is that time of year again and I think I will be doing that soon too!

Killlashandra said...

Cute pictures! Anyone being in the hospital causes stress for the family. I'm glad everything worked out ok for you and your dad. And look at all those cute pictures. :)

Jen said...

I hope your dad feels better soon. Great photos from the apple orchard.

Homegrown Tribe said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this... I hope your dad gets better soon and so do you. :)

adorable pictures of the boys as usual.

brittany

Anonymous said...

What a weekend. Glad its over. DAd sounds so chipper now, just hope he's taking it easy. 'Dern Stickels! ;) I was glad to take him home, he was happy to be back in his own space. This week is gonna be a full one too! I loaf you.. glad we were together in the hospital of craziness! ~M

Christina said...

What a roller coaster...such highs and lows. I'm glad your dad is back home again in time for his birthday. The soccer and apple picking is awesome (I'm a wee bit jealous of the apple picking) and the pics are darn cute. I love BOTH best friends pictures!

Tami said...

Britt,
Love, Love, Love the pictures. Your boys are such dolls and dad is a cutie too. LOL
I will be praying for your dad. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Hugz,

Don Mills Diva said...

I am so sorry to hear your dad has been ill. Make him rest and keep us updated on his progress...

Joanna said...

Love the one with you and Adam. So sweet. Glad to hear your Dad is home and resting.....or hope he is resting! Its tough to realize our parents are getting older. I have been feeling that way alot lately too.

Unknown said...

Oh the Best Friends shot is SOOO cute! What a fun outing for you all!

Glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I hope his surgery goes well.

Prayers for you and your test! UGH!

Jaimee said...

So sorry you've been having to go through so much health stuff in your family! Glad your dad is home safe now!

Adorable pictures! The apple orchard looks like a ton of fun! I love the one of the two kiddos walking off...soooo cute!

Kellan said...

REally darling picutes! Happy Birthday to you Dad - I hope he has a great day and gets better soon - my prayers and with him and your family!

Take care - Kellan

Kellan said...

REally darling picutes! Happy Birthday to you Dad - I hope he has a great day and gets better soon - my prayers and with him and your family!

Take care - Kellan

Rose said...

I'll be praying for your dad, but also for you to get some quality rest. That's a lot of emotional stress. I'm glad he's home. Happy Birthday to him!

The apple picking looks like so much fun. I just want to eat Adam up, he's so cute! and the Best friends pic? Ohh! LOVE IT!

Stacy said...

Brittany, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope and will pray that everything comes out all right with his surgery.

The pictures from the weekend looks like you did get a chance to relax. The apple orchard looks fun anyways. :)

Kat said...

Wow. What a weekend you've had. You need a vacation after all that!

Great pics! That black and white best friend photo is TOO CUTE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about your dad! Looks like you guys had a blast at the orchard!

Sarah said...

Hi love, let me know if you have any questions about your Dad's everything...and hang in there!!!!

KG said...

Aww .. rough week for you, honey. I'm sorry. Hang in there.

Maggie said...

You just never get a totally easy week, do you?! I'm glad that your dad is ok -- and your shots are all adorable!

Our Family said...

OH MY WORD...girl you have ALOT on your plate right now!!! I'll keep praying for your Dad and you and your family...hang in there!!!

By the way...that best friends pic is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!! Great shot :)

kim said...

love those last two photos.