Today I'm 28 years old. Before you all send me messages telling me what a "spring chicken" I am, please remember that when you use a phrase like "spring chicken," you clearly look older than I am... So... Go ahead... use that phrase.
Anyway- to celebrate my 28th Birthday, I give you 28 things about ME:
1) In exactly TWO months I will finally graduate college...after 10 years of changing my mind and having babies keeping me from graduating. I am pumped. Can't wait to finally be DONE!
2) I love candy. No, you don't understand. I L-O-V-E candy. I hide it. Not well enough, though, because everyone knows where I "hide" it.
3) I call Soda Pop, "soda." I know, this doesn't seem foreign to many of you. But you see, in Ohio they call it "pop" and if you call it "soda" you're wrong. So, for many years (ummm about 22) I called it "pop," and then one day I realized I was WRONG. So, I now call it soda.
4) I throw up a lot. Yea. Gross. I know. But I have a really weird stomach. I always have. I used to puke as a kid every time I got nervous or scared. Thunderstorms were FUN in my house-- ask my mom. But now, if I eat something too greasy or something that I am not used to... watch out... toilet here I come. At least I make it to the toilet!
5) My kids are miracles. That's right. Gifts from God. I have to remind myself that sometimes, when they are getting on my nerves. But really, I want them to be on my nerves, because it's better than them not being here!
6) I am a daddy's girl. I am. Ask him. I still sit on his lap. And I hope my girl is a daddy's girl too, because it's the best!
7) I am SO glad spring is coming. I am so over ice and snow. Goodbyeeee ice and snow!
8) I am not sure I have 28 things to tell you.
9) 9 is enough. right?
10) I really love coffee. Has to be hot. HOT coffee. I don't mean warm... but HOT. Andy bought me a special coffee pot and special cups, to help keep my coffee as hot as possible. I have a leather mouth apparently, because I can't seem to get it hot enough!
11) I also have leather hands. I can put my hands in boiling water (almost) without any pain. Maybe it's just mommy hands.
12) Chloe has been calling me "Maymeeee" instead of "mommy" I love it!
13) I can't wait until school is over and I can read a real book. I want to read a REAL book.
14) I love horror movies. Good ol' B-rated horror flicks. The bloodier the better. I know. I'm a sick woman.
15) Whipper snapper. There's another phrase you may use, in order to make yourself look older than me. :)
16) My husband took me thrifting for my birthday. That's right. I rummaged around in people's old items, for my birthday. Guess what? I LOVED IT! :) I love thrift stores!
17) I have amazing siblings. I hope we never lose sight of the importance of one another. I can't imagine my life without them.
18) I am still a Steelers fan. Thanks for asking.
19) I do own a Packers shirt now. Courtesy of my husband, the Packers fan. I wore it once.
20) I think if I am asked what my favorite food is, the first thing I'll say is: Chinese food, no salad, no soup, no baked potatoes, no soft pretzels, no bread, no bagels...no.... candy... no wait.... Can I have more than one favorite?
21) Now I want Chinese food.
22) I workout 5 days a week. To counteract the Chinese food. And because I like it. I really do.
23) Jillian Michael's is my "favorite" workout. I like to pretend I am punching her, during the boxing parts of the DVDs. It's fun.
24) I can't wait to go camping.
25) Andy and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage, this summer. TEN. TEN!
26) We are going to New York City, for our anniversary. :) I can't wait.
27) Sometimes I wonder when life will slow down.....
28) and then I remember that if it were to slow down, then I might not appreciate it as much as I should. And I do... I appreciate everything and everyone in my life.