Monday, February 28, 2011

Boy Cannot Live on Peanut Butter and Jelly ALONE!

I haven't talked about Matty in awhile, so I thought I'd update you all on him. He's almost..... gulp.... FOUR. Well, in 4 months, but that's almost, right? Anyway- He's almost 4, and he thinks he's 25. He likes to drink my coffee, when I'm not looking, and he uses some of the biggest words. He's adorable, to say the least.

His asthma is doing well. We have him "under control," for the first time since his first attack in October of 2009! I am so thankful for that! We don't have to use the rescue inhaler much at all. He has his hard times, but for the most part, he is breathing much better! He is a fighter, that's for sure!

But.... our battle.... our constant battle.... FOOD!

The child still is a tiny little thing. He is still wearing 24 month pants, 24 month shirts (some 2T), and he LIVES on peanut butter and jelly and "chocolate milk" (aka, his protein shakes). Almost 4, and his 14 month old sister outweighs him! eek!

So- I come to ask you, dear readers... I need some kid friendly recipes that a child who LOVES peanut butter and jelly (and coffee) will eat!

I mean, just look at this sweet face!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I am no help because I'm in the same boat (except Caleb won't even eat the jelly). He does like cheese quesadillas too. Oh and bacon...random. We do a lot of breakfast foods with him. Let me know if you get any good tips.

Unknown said...

Will he eat peanut butter on apples? And what about other nuts? If he likes peanut butter so much maybe he'll like almond butter or just raw nuts? And have you tried hummus? Maybe...

He looks SO big! ACK!

Arizaphale said...

Oh I remember so well when he was born! Food? Huh. Don't talk to me about food issues. I still can't get the BA to eat proper meat and she's 15!!!!!

Brittany said...

Thanks, ladies for the help! :)

Kat said...

I agree with Elaine. Try putting the peanut butter on everything. And buy lots of other nuts. Cashews, almonds, all that stuff. Nuts are good for kids.

Other than that, I have no help to offer. My kids eat everything, and a lot of it. They are gonna eat me out of house and home.

Good luck!