Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Sister is Amazing Pt. 2

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.  Before you were born I set you apart!

We were not accidents.  You, me, and everyone- we were all born in response to God’s plan, not as reconsideration. Before we were conceived, before we took our very first breath, everything about our lives was planned. God uses everything about us (whether that be our weaknesses or our strengths) in order to carry out His plan for ALL of us. We have triumphs and sorrows. Everything that happens in our lives is essential to this plan.

Psalm 139: 16 You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!

The past few weeks have been some of the scariest weeks in my life. Scarier and more uncertain than anything I’ve ever experienced. As many of you know my amazing sister Michelle was hospitalized with H1N1 and a severe case of double pneumonia. And praise God, she is HOME tonight! That’s right, I said she is HOME! 

I’ve never been more aware of God’s plan, until these past days. I’ve spent more time on my knees and with my nose in the Bible, than I ever have. I spent most of the day praying. Praying for healing, praying for strength (for my family), and praying that God’s plan included my sister to live. I sometimes even found myself begging God to heal her. I selfishly asked Him to let her LIVE, more than once. I am glad He loves me enough to overlook my selfishness…. Thank you, God.

The doctors were uncertain of Michelle’s recovery. They told us that they had no reason to believe that she would not survive. We were told that many times. However, I am not sure how much of that was so we wouldn’t worry—or give up hope.

I never gave up hope. I knew that there was a plan. I couldn’t imagine the rest of my life’s plan, without my sister in it. I didn’t want to.  And I have never been MORE thankful for answered prayers.God’s plan includes sorrow and sometimes a lack of understanding, on our part. However, God knows what it feels like to grieve and to lose. He knows what it’s like to have emotions. He sent His son Jesus to live and breathe, just as we do. He came, He lived, and then he sacrificed His life, so that you and I may live for eternity. The plan for Jesus was to leave this World at the age of 33…. the same age as Michelle.

Michelle, my beautiful and wonderful sister, I am amazed by your will power. I believe that with all of the praying, God has spared your life. Your plan is not complete. I pray that you know how blessed you are, how much we all love you, and how THANKFUL we are you are still with us. Thank you for coming back to us! I love you BIG!

Thank you all for praying. Please continue to pray. She has a very long recovery ahead of her. I know she can do it. She has amazing inner strength that is bound to make her body stronger! 

2 comments:

Arizaphale said...

So open and honest! So lovely. God bless you all!!!!

Kat said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I am so happy for you and your family. Continued prayers for your sis! :)