Saturday, October 11, 2008

Why Adam wants to go to the Doctor



Adam: I want to go to the doctor!

Me: Do you want to get a shot, like Matty did?

Adam: No.

Me: Ok. Do you want to see how big you are?

Adam: No.

Me: Ok, what do you want to do at the doctor?

Adam: I want to get a camera in my butt, like you did!

Cue hysterical laughter.




*******

Matthew's 15 month appointment went pretty well. He of course is very healthy, passed all developmental milestones with flying colors, and even said "doctor" for the doctor!

However, we now have to go in every six weeks, because he did NOT pass the weight test. He only gained about 6 ounces, since the last appointment, and is only in the 5th %tile. I'm not sure what else to do for the kid. He eats like he's never eaten before, every single time he eats. He has a more diverse pallet then any toddler I know. He is just tiny. He is only 30 inches, too! So, I wouldn't expect him to weigh more than he does, because then he would be obese.... right?

I'm not too worried about it. He's healthy. He's happy. And who cares if he's tiny!?!?!

15 comments:

Rebekah said...

What percentile is he is if he's only 30 inches tall? At Steven's 9 month visit, he was 28 or 29 inches, and he's the smallest of the babies (by age) in our group! His 5 month old friends are his size and weight now!

Fire Hunt said...

My boys are tiny also and they are doing good.

Rebekah said...

at least he's proportionate!

Blueberry said...

oh, the doctor is just worried that he isn't growing at a consistant rate. most doctors don't like kids percentiles to go down.
i'm sure matt is fine though. you feed him plenty of healthy foods and he seems to have a good appetite so i wouldn't worry! he's happy and cute- what more could you ask for?

Anonymous said...

For whatever it's worth, Amy weighed the same at one year as she did at two.

Sue

Beth Cotell said...

Ha! Your son is funny!

And I wouldn't worry about the weight...if he's eating and he's happy, I doubt there is anything wrong!

Anonymous said...

Ok I can testify that Matty was over today and he ate everything in sight!
The kid never turns down a meal. And Britt when you were that age we were told the same thing about you and you were perfectly healthy!!
Rock on Matt you are GREAT!!!! And you look WONDERFUL!!
Love you!
Nana

KG said...

At least people don't call your kid FAT to his face! It makes me crazy. Yeah, he's chubtacular - but he was born big and I don't think he'll ever be the rail thin type. I hate when people say, "What a nice fat baby!" Who wants to hear that? It makes me want to say "Look at what a nice fat old person!"

Matt doesn't sound that short - I mean - Sumo is 33 and a quarter inches tall at 14 months. And he's not even IN a "percentile" anymore. And Matt isn't that much shorter than he is!

Christina said...

ROFL! OMGosh, Adam is too funny!

Ehhh, who cares how much he weighs. He's healthy, that's what matters. Tiny babies are so dang cute!

Unknown said...

How much does he weigh? Gavin is pretty small too. He was only in the 10th percentile last time we went. I think they're fine though... : )

Stacy said...

Awww...I'm sure he is just fine. My friend had the same experience with her son. They are both small frame and shorter, so I wouldn't think the doctor needed to worry her about him not growing as fast as other kids.

I had one friend whose kids were like that and she was 5' 10" - they caught up eventually.

Bkosser said...

Oh my goodness. I don't know which is funnier...that you told him what would happen at a colonoscopy or that he wants one! LOL!

Matt's probably burning off all his calories trying to keep up with Adam.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I would think if his height and weight are close in percentile, then they would not be overly concerned. Parents know better if thier children are thriving or not.

KEEP BELIEVING

Maggie said...

Ha ha ha! See, now that would be one reason that I would NOT want to go to the doctor!

Arizaphale said...

I guess it might sound intriguing to a small person :-)
The BA was small to start with and she is inches taller than me now. As a friend said, babies don't read the growth charts. They just do their own thing!