Monday, August 31, 2009

Adam's First Day of School 2009


I can't believe my baby is in Pre-K. I know. I know. It's not Kindergarten yet, but it's still a huge milestone! :)

He had a great day! He told me that they had goldfish, for a snack; they played outside, they have to raise their hands to talk, he sorted colors, and they read "David Goes to School." He is sitting here now, eating lunch and looking exhausted. Here's hoping for a great nap! :)

AND

What did Matty and mommy do with our new found "freedom" ?? Well... We went to the ZOO of course! :)

And boy...did Matty enjoy being an "only child" for a little while! :)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay! So cute and congrats to little Adam!

I know what you mean about "alone time". Lucy is alone with me on Tuesdays. It's our mom-daughter date morning. Eli has me to himself on Wednesdays & Fridays.
Thursday is my only day with both of them gone.

Next year will be very different. They'll share 3 days at school together. I can hardly comprehend the magnitude of what I just wrote!

Christina said...

YAY for a great first day!!! Raising hands to talk....hmmmm, I wonder if I could make that a rule at home....

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

YAY momma! How wonderful!

I have three teens all in high school together (Yes... I am dreading this year)

In 4 years I will have three in elementary together... and then 3 in high school again in 10 years beyond that. Crazy... right?

It's wonderful... and just think of the times that Chloe will get to be alone with Mommy... you are so blessed!

Unknown said...

Aw, look at him, so cute and ready for school! And Matty looks so big to me for some reason, guess it's been a while since I've seen him!

Such cute boys! Glad everyone had a good day! :)

Maggie said...

Yay for Adam! And holy cow -- Matty is looking so big!!

Rose said...

Yeah for him!! can you believe we're in our LAST year of Preschool - kindergarten is next - EEK!!

I'm going to try to savor every moment this year.