These events occurred:
1) World population was 4.69 billion
2) Ronald Reagan was president
3) The first US spacewalk occurs in nine years
4) Compact discs are introduced
5) The last episode of M*A*S*H airs
6) Crack Cocaine is developed in the Bahamas (Andy says that "this explains a lot".... jerk)
7) Big Bird in China wins an Emmy Award
8) "Hurts So Good" wins John Cougar a Grammy
9) A-Ha, Bon Jovi (drool), The Flaming Lips, NOFX, Megadeath, Run-D.M.C all became bands, this year.
10) "Billie Jean" becomes the years biggest hit
11) IBM releases Dos 2.0
12) Famous people my age: Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hanson (oh yes, one of those brothers...great), Amy Winehouse (which is very odd. She is actually younger than me, but looks like she's much older. Someone is a partier?), Kate Bosworth.... just to name a few.
13) Microsoft Word is first released.
14) McDonald's introduces the McNugget (Brilliant!)
15) Kellogg's introduces Crispix cereal
16) Vanessa Williams is crowned the first African American Miss America
17) Nintendo is introduced in Japan
18) Tokyo Disney opens
19) Ronald Reagan proclaims this year "The Year of The Bible"
20) Apple releases the first "laptop"
21) Super Bowl XVII takes place
22) Iran opens an invasion in Iraq (so it begins)
23) The lowest temperature on earth is recorded in Poland
24) El Nino is first addressed
25) *I* was born! :)