Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fight For Air Climb

As many of you know I have been actively working with my local American Lung Association. Recently I became the volunteer coordinator for the Columbus Fight For Air Climb (taking place on February 12th!).

Here's a little about the climb, from the ALA website:

Fight for Air Climbs are unique fundraising events for the American Lung Association. They usually happen in prominent skyscrapers, stadiums or arenas and involve climbing multiple steps. Sometimes called a "vertical road race", teams and individual participants can use the event as a fitness target, as a race, with you challenging yourself or you racing against other people, or as a great way to be active and meet new friends. American Lung Association Climbs are also a wonderful way to support someone who has lung disease or as a memorial to someone who has passed away.
I started volunteering because of Matthew's condition, and because I am desperate to know more about the disease that is plaguing my boy. But over the last few months, I have achieved so much more out of the work I've been doing. I feel good knowing I am helping an organization who cares for the air we breath, and those who have various lung diseases. Countless women and men give up their time and talents, to fight for air! Countless men and women work for this company-- and even thought they are receiving paychecks, their care and concern are just as great! And that, I am truly thankful!

So, what will you do? Volunteer? Climb the climb? Donate money?

No comments: