Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Camping We Will Go

For labor day weekend we went trekking through the woods and camped with our kiddies. It was quite the adventure. We saw many (creepy) bugs--I even showered with a wasp (seriously)-- and many cool bugs, too!  We hiked. We made fires. We sat (and relaxed!). We climbed. We biked. We visited an abandoned town and a haunted rail tunnel (separate post to come, on that) We enjoyed being a family! It was the first time, in a long time, that we were able to relax as a family (of FIVE!), without distractions, with little technology, and just US. It was amazing!


Here are some of my favorite photos, from the trip (I took over 200!):


This is "Sherman" the giant caterpillar


My girl smiled the WHOLE time! She loved being outside!

I love this photo! :)

(This is our second ever family of 5 picture!)

Matty and Daddy! Matty loved climbing the rocks-- alllll of them!

Adam and the sign. He had to sit with the sign! 


I can't believe how big my babies are getting! These pictures are just proof that they really are growing up!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yay! What a great vacation! And you clearly got some great pics from it too.
So happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and just got to have some fun as a family of FIVE! :)