Monday, May 9, 2011

I DID IT! :)

I GRADUATED!!!!! :) 

I finally have my B.S. in Public Relations--- or a B.S. in BSing as I like to call it!

Here are some facts about this journey:

* It took me ten years to complete my degree, due to changing majors three times and taking time "off" for various reasons

* I went to class pregnant, during two different pregnancies

* I took a total of one year off, just to have those babies

* I spent endless nights awake until 2 am, just to finish homework, because of taking care of my family, during the day.

* I have no idea what I am really going to do with my degree

* I graduated with a 3.82 GPA

* I enjoyed turning my tassel to the left side, more than actually receiving my degree

* I am the first of my 5 siblings to graduate college-- more are going to, I just know it! :)

* I am taking the summer to RELAX and take a vacation from "working" outside of my family and home

and last but not least....

I am SO thankful to my ENTIRE family, and friends for supporting me through this journey. Numerous family members who watched the kids, so I could study, and my husband who sacrificed so much, just so I could better myself. I am TRULY thankful. I love you all! :)




6 comments:

Kat said...

That is so awesome. Something to really be proud of. Way to go!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :)

Christina said...

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you and proud of you, Brit! that is an awesome accomplishment. Congrats!!

Colleen said...

Yeah!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Elaine A. said...

So many Congratulations!!! Great job and enjoy NOT going to school and NOT studying!!! :-D

Maggie said...

Congratulations!!

4 Little Men and Girly Twins said...

that's awesome! You rock! Wow, your kids are getting so big! Hope you are all doing well.

brittany